The Advantages of Poly Outdoor Furniture
by Joshua Brown
Imagine owning outdoor furniture that you don't have to spend your
time maintaining. Just set it outdoors and enjoy using it. That is the
major advantage of poly outdoor furniture.
Poly Lumber is a high density polyethylene (HDPE) plastic derived from
post-consumer waste such as milk jugs and plastic packaging that would
otherwise end up in a landfill. This material is then cleaned in a
decontamination process to a high purity level. This purified recycled
plastic is formulated with Ultra-Violet (UV) stabilizers and color
pigments, and then formed into various shapes and profiles used to
create beautiful and maintenence-free furniture.
So let`s list the advantages of poly lumber furniture:
- Environmentally Friendly : Because it is made out of recycled
plastic, it helps reduce waste and also saves trees from being cut
down. That`s great for our planet.
- No Painting, staining or oiling : You can spend those hours you
would have spent painting or staining, relaxing on your poly
furniture. You got to love that.
- No storage needed : Does your garage or shed get filled up every
winter with all that old wood furniture? Poly furniture can be left
outdoors all year long. Any climate, weather or temperature.
- No cracking or splinters : Ouch, got a splinter!? Never again! Poly
furniture will not splinter or crack. Safety never felt so good.
- No fading : Poly furniture has solid color all the way through and
is made with UV stabilizers. The beautiful color it is now, is the
color it will stay.
- No Rotting : In the wettest environment, poly furniture will not
rot. Great for waterfront properties and your poolside paradise.
- Mold and Mildew Resistant: Because the poly does not absorb
moisture, it does not foster the growth of mold or mildew.
- Strong and Heavy : Poly furniture is generally heavier than wood and
is very strong. You do not need to worry if it will hold you after all
- Easy to clean : Use a mild detergent and a cloth, wipe it down and
spray it off. That`s about all the maintenance you should be doing!
If you are looking to save the environment or just save some time for
rest and relaxation. Poly lumber has some major advantages for you.
Joshua Brown is the webmaster at Millcraft Outdoor Furniture (http://www.millcraftfurniture.com/).
Millcraft manufactures poly outdoor furniture and is located in
Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.